What The Fork Are These From?!

marcaztls

Well, more like what are these forks from?

I'm hoping someone can identify them 'cos I've had them for so bloomin' long I have no idea what they came from.

I'm thinking Suzuki, and I recognise the rear mudguard mounts above the caliper mounts from something Suzuki-ish, but only one leg has a compression adjuster, the left leg. They both have rebound and preload adjustments and they have 45mm stanchions.

I can't remember any bike with both legs having rebound adjustment, but only one having compression...

Fanks in advancement!

A9EADFA5-F1C7-46B4-B0B8-F35B850CE88B_zps

4B3E2EC5-BD26-4ED7-BE19-A2E34D231550_zps

srad 600 I think

Well, since posting I've been doing some more 'net searching, and the left fork leg is indeed 100% GSXR600 SRAD, but they all have compression adjusters on the other fork leg too.

So I still don't get what the right leg is from...

Thank you very much though kja.busa ;)

They're from a motorcycle. HTH.

Now you mention it..

Earlier 600's didn't have the compression adjuster so I'd guess at 1 of each :beerchug:

Ahhhhh... I see the 1997 GSXR600 SRAD didn't have comp adjusters at all. You're only bloody right! :icon_salut: And very clever. Many thanks!

Now the next question - How the hell did I end up with two forks from different models?!

Ahhhhh... I see the 1997 GSXR600 SRAD didn't have comp adjusters at all. You're only bloody right! :icon_salut: And very clever. Many thanks!

Now the next question - How the hell did I end up with two forks from different models?!

The bike was started on new years eve, then finished on new years day, hence part of a '96, part '97.

You bought them, they were bought by a customer off the bay, they didn't notice the difference and gave good feedback. They bought them to you to fit but left them their and you got distracted by fig rolls, or a really nice SB6 with a worn out chain, so you never really looked at them.

Sell them separately on the bay

Mate, it's not the parts it's the labour ..... You know what I mean, I'd love to help you but I'd be cutting me own cloth ...etc

There's a pair on't bay "rusted and pitted, needing seals" for £50, so you can ask £35 a leg ... ???

Saturday - trolling around with some peeps ... Mr Nige, Mr Leigio, Mr Marisa, and the Kid Cox (A2 licence, sold him a 400 3TJ engine for his project)

Archived