Cbr 954 Steering Damper

NCSprinter30

Just a quick question to see if anyone knows if a Ohlins 68mm steering damper with a Harris fitting kit for a 929 blade will fit a 954?

Thanks in advance.

Ah OK, not to worry I thought it might be the case.

I was considering a GPR v4 from the old USA £320 delivered which I thought was quite reasonable. Are they better than the linear ones?

IMO yes, much better. I could never get the Ohlins set up to my satisfaction, it was always too soft or too hard. With the GPR it was a case of a couple of days finely adjusting it and I never had to touch it ever again. I've had GPR's ever since.

I think that's me sold! Haha just hoping i don't get stung for too much import tax. Mind it's got to be more than £60 to make it more expensive than in the UK! :)

Oh, and there seemed to be an annoying amount of play in the Ohlins set-up that I just for the life of me tune out, it was friggin' irritating, whereas the GPR was rock solid and dependable.

Once you have a GPR, like the Ohlins, you can buy fitting kits and take it from one bike to another.

Depending on what bike you get I'd suggest a dedicated racing forum as they swap bikes regularly between seasons and the fitting kits are often available for a far less salty price.

Archived