Fuel Tank Again......

kaighn80

ok for those that missed it the last time i asked, ive put a ktm625 single in an aprilia rs125 frame, the mods to get the engine in are piss easy, the issue i have is making room for the fuel tank, id prefer to have the original tank cover over the top but the original tank is a non starter, to get it to fit id have to cut about a third of the rear section away and then reseal it after which is going to make it damn hard to seal again (its plastic), so without having someone make me one in ally what are my other options, ive looked at a fuel bladder but at the prices they fetch its going to be a long while till im even close to being able to afford one.

feel free to discuss/ pose solutions to my liquid dilemma

Hi,

Would a glass fibre or carbon fibre tank be something to consider ? - perhaps using the original tank or a foam plug using a lost foam technique ? - it would have to be an ethanol resistant type of material or have a resistant coating of some sort. I found this.........

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=145975

However if you google the subject there are lots of tutorials and threads on the subject.

Cheers
Paul

Knocking about my workshop I have a 650 pegaso engine loosely mounted in a rs125 frame, its never going to get finished but I keep buying parts in the vain hope that I might one day do something......... one such part is this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/04-DERBI-GPR-50-REPLICA-UNDERSEAT-PETROL-TANK-TAP-SPECIAL-CAFE-RACER-ETC-/261457895921?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3ce01ae1f1 you should be able to pick one up cheaper but thats a good description.

Mine is never destined to be a track bike so I'm not to bothered about capacity. I got the idea from an Italian forum where someone was doing a similar conversion, it fits within the rs125 subframe fairly well, i'll try and find some links to the thread.

Archived