Gsxr Remap

lorenzo

Currently I've a GSXR600K7 with a power commander sat on there. The fuelling's OK, not amazing, but the exhaust is pretty loud so I'm trying to get a more baffley baffle made up for it, which in turn would require a remap (ideally it needs one already, the baffle's just going to make it worse, I suspect). I was wondering, what am I going to gain or lose by getting the ECU remapped rather than the power commander? If I get the ECU done I could sell the PC, paying for the remap. Is there anywhere in the northwest that does this sort of thing?

Do motrac do remapping on the ECU rather than just on power commanders?

It would be interesting to see what you get for £70. Steve Hammond is very good at what he does but that's about an hours Dyno time when a custom map usually takes between 2 and 3 hours. If you want to sort your fueling out then I can't recommend OTC Racing in Widnes enough but I'm not sure that Pete does ECU reflashes. The full length Akro pipes work well with a baffle and I lose less than 3rwhp with one fitted. It tests at 97db at Oulton although I have Bazzaz which allows separate maps for baffle in / baffle out.

BTW Lor, have you sorted the handling out yet? I've recently changed the geometry on mine and it's a lot more neutral in slow corners - I'm running a shock length of 322mm (ie 7mm over stock), have the top of the front forks flush with the yokes (ie the front is raised about 5mm) and I am using a 180/60 rear tyre.

Not really got a handle on the handling yet, last time out I backed the preload off totally, added about 5mm height on the back, this helped a bit but it wasn't where I wanted it still. I've actually just got a pair of softer front springs from ten kate, but they look a bit short. I spoke to kais, they're fitting them tomorrow, all being well.

With regards the full length pipe, what year is that off? On some aftermarket exhausts they say 06-09, others are 06-07 only. The implication here is that a later exhaust will fit providing I get a hanger for the back. Again, this could pay for itself if I get a decent amount for the old exhaust. It'll need to be a full system though as I have a two bros system on there at the moment, I doubt the back end of another system will be a straight swap.

A full system should fit the K6 > K9 (my k6/7 full system fitted the K8 engine I installed)

If you fitted a set of standard K6/7 downpipes you can get a link pipe and fit a full length can in the traditional position - as opposed to the belly pan style cans - which makes it easier to both reduce the noise level and get better power.

It would appear so

Suzuki Fuel Injection Re-mapping spacer.gifspacer.gifdown-arrow.gif Next Section | up-arrow.gif Previous Section | topofpage-arrow.gif Top of Page spacer.gif

suzuki.gifUtilising a specific Yoshimura fuel injection interface Motrac Racing (0151 357 1062) can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and remap the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) on certain Suzukis

Price: £70 inclusive of Vat and Dyno time

Sounds like fiddling with a yoshi box, these can adjust idling mixture on individual cylinders, also low medium and high throttle openings on a +10 to -10 % basis in 5% increments, you can get some good results using these but it's not a full remap, but tbh on a 600 you're gonna be north of 8k when you're riding it so it might be perfectly adequate

tbh on a 600 you're gonna be north of 8k when you're riding it so it might be perfectly adequate

Yep, pretty much. With the current map (which'll be fairly irrelevant once the new exhaust's on) it's lovely above 9k, but if you misjudge your gear etc and let it drop below about 8k it does a pretty big pause, a loud pop, then gets back on the power. It's not nice, but it has taught me to cane it mercilessly!

Archived