Gsxr 600 K6 Snapped Engine Bolt

Cursed

Hi all, when loading up the bike for Cadwell on 22/09 I noticed my crash bung was moving about, I assumed my engine bolt had worked itself loose (that's what it looked like at first glance).

Decided i'd sort it when I get there. Upon further investigation it became apparent that the engine bolt has actually snapped.

The bike has never been dropped so i'm a little stumped. I can only assume it has worked loose and seeing as I have evotech crash bungs (they mount on a billet bracket to allow to mount them without drilling the fairings) the crash bung and bracket moving about had stressed the bolt and caused it to break.
I've got to get the fairings off and have a proper look but it would appear that it has snapped off just inside the mounting point on the engine and doesn't protrude so i'm a little stumped as to how to go about removing it to replace it.
:eusa_wall::confused:

It's not unheard of for cheap cap heads bolts to break just under the head without any abuse or warning. If you take the bung and bracket off, you'll see there is a pinch bolt on the frame where the engine mount bolt goes through. Undo the pinch bolt, then prise the collar out and I'll bet the remains of the mounting bolt will wind out with little fuss.

It's when you bin the bike and the crash bung bends the mounting bolt that the fun begins.

Archived