Road Noise

bogman

i know this will be a bit vague,just want opinions before i rip the engine out,

i have a road speed related whiring noise when the bike is ridden above 30mph,i suspect a bearing.

to remedy it ,i,ve changed chain /sprockets[chain not too tight either]changed g/box oil

wheel brgs were new two yrs ago

i,m stumped really

Not the actual tyre is it you can hear. Only ask because on an NC700 unfaired thing the tyre noise is fucking shocking on OE hoops

I had this on a 22 and it was chain alignment, I had to buy a laser alignment tool from Sean at TTW to cure it, the alignment marks and other methods I tried wouldn't get it right but as soon as I aligned it with the laser it went away.

Also try the sprocket carrier bearing.

I had this on a 22 and it was chain alignment, I had to buy a laser alignment tool from Sean at TTW to cure it, the alignment marks and other methods I tried wouldn't get it right but as soon as I aligned it with the laser it went away.

good thinking,thats the o.nly brg i didn,t renew

i,ll check the chain too

you were spot on,now cured

80/90s Zooks are notorious for crap wheel alignment marks .

Archived