Help! Dented Ali Tank And Making A Good Exhaust From Remnants...

peter30

Two fold request for help. Having cunted the Duc at Snetterton (see crashers thread), I have a dented Ali tank that needs repairing and a set of good Arrow Ti cans that don't fit the outlet of the Termi system that has two fucked cans.

Starting with the cans, neither Ducati or Termi will sell replacement carbon tube to fix the cans. No one stocks the particular tri oval shape either. They are roughly 36.5cm circumference, nice later type shape so suit the bike. The Arrow cans are for a standard system, so ideally I'd like to use the Ti tube to replace the carby ones on the Termis, with the Termi innards and end caps to fit the system. Failing that, fit the Arrow cans with correct size inlets for the system and chop a bit of length out of them.

The tank is a fucking eyewateringly expensive one, which has been replaced with a standard 1198 tank in the meantime. That means it isn't an urgent fix, but need to find out if anyone knows of a decent tinny/fabricator i can use to fix it back up (maybe even add some capacity...).

I'm in SW London, but will travel to forum recommended people within reason. I'll post some pictures up to show the issues later on.

I've got a contact for a guy that might be able to help. He'll be welding the tank that I've just posted in the Phase One P&M Kawasaki thread in projects.

Guy's called Marcus and has done a load of Ducati tank work for Factory Phil at Riders of Bridgewater. Phil likes cool toys.

Archived