R1 5Pw Jerky Throttle Response.

Andy J

Ive noticed recently that the throttle response on my 5PW has got really snatchy at low revs and small throttle openings. It feels like the chain is really loose (It isnt) when you open or close the throttle at slow speed/low revs. As you transition from a shut throttle to open it really jerks. The same happens as you shut it again. Its fine higher up the rev range but round town and in slow corners its a total pain.It fuels fine everywhere else apart for the open/closed transition.

I fitted a can and had a PC3 fitted and a custom map about a year ago and it was spot on but over the last few hundred miles this annoying quirk has developed. Any ideas as to what it could be? Im wondering if the TPS could have gone out of calibration perhaps? Im going to pop it back to the dyno place that fitted the PC3 to see what their thoughts are also.

Had a TPS go wrong on my 5PW earlier this year and as you say it was dreadful at sub 3k rpm but fine after that, expensive and a right fiddly pain in the behind to get in to swap them round

sounds like it could be TPS related

and/or the throttle bodies need synchronising*

*like balancing carbs, innit

Wot he said.

I'd go for the throttle bodies myself.

Had exactly the same as you describe on my 5pw a few years back cured by syncronising the throttle bodies.

FWIW full Akrapovic, K&N and PC3r.

Cush drive rubbers

You know, that did actually cross my mind. But why would it come on so quickly, its literally been over a couple of hundred miles. Bike only has 9k on it.

Cush drive seems fine. Took it out for a run yesterday and it seemed fine. Very odd, maybe just operator error on my part!

Not too fussed now as ive decided to sell it!

Archived