Need new boots....

johnboy636

Ima changing the tyres on the 636 and have been using Bridgestone BT014's for the last year.

Anybody used the BT016's, the ones with the harder strip in the middle? If so, whats they like???

I use the Kwak for longer runs and shorter tours, and the 14's were flat across the middle in 2.5k but still had enough beef round the edges to let me play on the twisties. Heading to Scotland for a 4 day blast in April with a squad from Philip McCallens shop and will need a tyre that will tour a bit but let me fook about when needed. Is the 16's up to the job????

Ta very much (in advance) for the advice.

Cheers,

Johnboy

Avon Storm or Dunlop Roadsmarts.

Bridgestones are utter cobblers IMHO.

016's are supposed to be a whole load better than the 014's, which are utter pants, from many different aspects (grip, feel, wear). Standard diablos are better than the 014's in more or less all circumstances, although the corsa III's will wear a bit quicker.

Had the single compound 016's on a Gixxer 750 and they were pretty good, held up well on a trip to the Ring, several laps and a trackday. They were still pretty healthy when i got back too.

A mate had the multi compounds on his Gixxer 6 and they were pretty similar but even stickier at the edges!!!

Just gone for a set of Corsa III's on the 848, hope they hold out....

Archived