Factory Pro Or Dyno Jet Kits?

YZ faybo

I've heard reports of dynojet needles wearing the tubes out a bit, not so sure about the factory ones though.

Had some Factory Pro's in my TDM for 2 years and ran like soggy Monday morning in April….. Which is perfectly normal for a TDM.

My engines a 600 with 750 barrels crank pistons with flowed 600 head with yoshi cams and baffled airbox with evo k5 akro pipe so needs jetting to suit.

Just had both kits kicking about so curious to see what road to go down first rather than lots of carb rebuild and dyno time. I know the factory pro kits are popular in the states but that doesn't all ways mean success.

Dj kits have always seemed crude to me, had one in a gsxr750ws, dyno setup but on the road it was shit. Same again for an r6. Factory pro kits seem a better supported package, and lots of good info out there, had one for my 4xv but didn't get round to fitting it. Got gang raped by import tax though :( Budget for dyno time anyway, carb setup can be a bit of a game sometimes!

Thanks for the reply. May just have a gamble with the factory pro kit and phone around a few dyno folk whom are not dyno jet operators to get an unbiased view as so far some don't want to try as not used the factory pro kits.

Had Factory needles in my gixxaah 11, they wore the emulsion tubes a lot. Apparently due to being titanium. The DJ didn't seem to be as bad.

We had factory pro ones in the team north bros at one point, they corroded due to being aluminium and us trying crazy race fuel from a classic race series on it and then leaving the floats filled for a few months. I very much doubt they'd use titanium on some and aluminium on others as they all seem to be about the same price for a kit.

I like the Factory Pro kits, i've just stuck one in my Bandit 4.

They were definitely Ti needles in my kit (which worries me as i've just put lovely shiny new emulsion tubes in to replace the massively worn standard ones.

Factory Pro do seem to have a lot more back up, in fact everytime i emailed before i bought the kit the guy came straight back to me (although he was a little more helpful after i'd actually bought something from him)

They do both, their "drop-in jet kits" feature Ti needles. Maybe most of the cost actually stems from R&D....? Throttle response, I imagine, would be slightly sharper with lighter (alu) needles? Maybe not noticeable

• 4 weeks later...

Had factory pro kit in my old Blade, they were reckoned to be better kits than the dyno jet ones.

Also you could buy them from Straightline Racing here rather than importing from the US (not sure if they still do them).

Archived