Best Stock Radial Mc

28hodge

I'm dong a fork upgrade which will let me run radial caliper's I can't really stretch to an aftermarket brembo radial mc as much as I'd like one.

So what are the best stock radial mc, found some fireblade mc's that are at good money. Going to be used in conjunction with yamaha r6 radial calipers but struggling to find a yamaha r6 mc to match.

Ha ha, as I read your post I thought to myself "Yamaha R6 radial, they're the best stock ones going", right up until I read the bit about you struggling to find one...

I'm in no rush so if waiting for one of them is the best option I'll hang fire, I can find some in the US but the postage makes them not much cheaper than a aftermarket brembo. It's a winter project so no panic.

That's a lot of money for a mass produced master cylinder, isn't it?

I very much agree with that!

Edit: it is in euros so not quite as bad as I first thought, £90 delv at a guess

Best offer of €80 refused lowest he'll take is €100 plus post. So a whole €9 euros off!

Bean if I don't need them and I'll be ok on the nc30 mc than that's fine, I just assumed I'd need a radial mc.

I think I'd be trying the standard MC first before spending any money. You never know, you might get lucky with the ratios and end up with it feeling okay.

Unless of course, the pistons are known to be wildly different sizes!

A radial m/c is not needed for radial brakes - it just shares radial in it's name.

I'd be inclined to check the required m/c size is OK and then go with that.

Found any forks yet?

Got a set of radial R1/6 ones fitted on my ZX9R (with brackets) and am running the standard kwaker m/c it is liking hitting a brick wall when you slam on the brakes. it's by far the best brake setup I've ever ridden with.

I'd not be too worried about the m/c if I was you

A radial m/c is not needed for radial brakes - it just shares radial in it's name.

I'd be inclined to check the required m/c size is OK and then go with that.

Found any forks yet?

Nope, hoping some turn up as people start breaking bikes to move classes for next year.

I was thinking the radial brakes would benefit from a matching m/c but if it's gonna be fine on the standard m/c I'll save the cash.

My bike comes standard with radial calipers and an axial m/c and I see no ill effects.

Try widening your search to include other bikes that ran Brembo radials as OE, things like Ducati 999/749s, later Milles...

Try widening your search to include other bikes that ran Brembo radials as OE, things like Ducati 999/749s

These come with slightly odd looking built in reservoirs, weird triangular space age looking things. It's OK if you're after just function, but it'll look out of place on most bikes.

These come with slightly odd looking built in reservoirs, weird triangular space age looking things. It's OK if you're after just function, but it'll look out of place on most bikes.

The reservoirs are easily replaced with conventional types.

The Brakes on my 749 were the best I've used for feel and power.

Cheers for all the help,

Been moving house today's and last night hence my lack of response.

All sorted now thanks to that link from kanerdog1 x1.

Baffles me why people put best offer then reject anything other than a couple quid less than the listed price!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived