Pc3 Zx6 Advice Please

tanuki

Having never dealt with this kind of electrickery before can I have some advise please.

I I right in assuming that the grey plug in picture one is the standard wiring with a PC plug in it?

And picture 2 is the other end of the standard plug with some PC connecters in it?

6BEF7A80-CD3C-47CE-BC5B-74811449F0F6_zps

9419310C-870F-4510-B1C4-5526BD311C6D_zps

??

Cheers, I've decided to leave it all in place and let the people fitting the bazazz to work it all out.

Billy, the PC stuff on the injectors just sandwiches between the stock loom and the injector: look at the plug on the injector, that's the PC, the other plug that looks the same as that but further back, that's the one from the loom. To put it in more simple terms, if there's pins on the injector and holes on the plug that goes into it, your original loom will be the bit with the holes in it, the PC bit will have pins, like the injector.

This tends to vary between models, but on PC's I've fitted recently it didn't actually go onto the ECU at all, just the injectors, the throttle position sensor and the intake sensor. There's an earth lead too. So long as you can get to all the bits, actually fitting or unfitting is really simple, it's physically being able to get to the injectors, especially the 2 in the middle, that's the issue. If you're bazzazifying your bike then I'd have thought you're going to have to go through the same thing again. One of the nicest things about the ER6 was that fitting the PC took about 15 or 20 minutes, it was all really easy, and although the bike's hugely different in many way, hopefully ease of access will be similar. Certainly the injectors & throttle bodies on the ER6 are very similar to an early zx10r, just half the amount of stuff!

That said, on the VFR the old PC3 was just a massive plug that sandwiched between the ECU and the loom, just 1 plug to undo, it was really simple.

Archived