Disposing Of Old Degreaser, Etc.

Rompy McPoot

Rightly or wrongly I'd always assumed the old engine oil was destined for some sort of refinement , so that it didn't matter too much if some other stuff went in with it.

Rightly or wrongly I'd always assumed the old engine oil was destined for some sort of refinement , so that it didn't matter too much if some other stuff went in with it.

This^^^

I've always chucked my mixed oil, petrol, brake fluid waste in there. I'm hoping it wasn't being sent straight to Vauxhall dealers to use for oil changes :lol:

I don't know if it's just my local tip that has this, but there's a section called 'household chemicals', where people leave tubs of all sorts, weed killer, anti-freeze, old tins of stuff that they found under the stairs, blood from sacrificial virgins, that sort of thing.

used engine oil I keep and use in my oil can for stuff that needs it, from kids bikes to other gardening stuff..suppose you could use it as chain lube too..

used engine oil I keep and use in my oil can for stuff that needs it, from kids bikes to other gardening stuff..suppose you could use it as chain lube too..

It doesn't show at all that your Scottish...

:lol:

My local place has a 'bund' things for 'household chemicals'.

I chuck the ol' brake fluid and other nasties in that one.

Old oil has it's own collection drum thingy.

G

Stick old flammables "brake cleaner, fuel etc" in old paint tin,, when tin is full, firmly apply the lid and make a small hole and retire to the end if the garden,, sparklers are quite good for setting them off, or matches if your brave.

Archived