Can I…

connor

Ok bought a new front end for my project, its from an Aprilia RS4 125, now the plan is to fit clip on but the Aprilia top yoke has them built in.

yokes_before.jpg

This is how it is now, the question is can I remove the bits I have circled below without affecting the strength etc?

yokes_after.jpg

No i won't be removing anymore material than absolutely needed and will shape the edges to match, any help would be appreciated.

Ta.

The ignition barrel holder thingy no problem.

I would be very careful removing the clipon holder thingys. As the hole might be deeper than expected, into the yoke.

Why not use the Aprilia clip-ons? Saves hassle

It does, and I might yet but I wanted clips ons under the yoke for the cafe racer look on the project.

The ignition barrel holder thingy no problem.

I would be very careful removing the clipon holder thingys. As the hole might be deeper than expected, into the yoke.

This. Can't tell from the single photo, but removing the metal from around here looks like it could take some of the fork clamp bolt threaded holes.

Lob em off..if it does go further in get the indentations ally welded up and smoothed off

edit.. just re looked at the pics and the clip on holders seem to already drop below the surface so you should be ok

I'm of the stick it in the vice and see what happens when you take a 'Bastard' file to it. Smaller files would be appropriate for making it look nice :) .

If it starts going Pete Tong it's not the most expensive component on earth.

It'll be fine. I use clip-ons under the top yoke on my RS. I haven't reshaped the yoke though, mainly because I'm a lazy cow.

The standard RS bars are steel and the bolt threads into them through the yoke.

It'll be fine. I use clip-ons under the top yoke on my RS. I haven't reshaped the yoke though, mainly because I'm a lazy cow.

The standard RS bars are steel and the bolt threads into them through the yoke.

Yeah, but its not a rs its only the forks he is marrying to a superdream frame.doesnt this also throw up an issue with the bars and tank clearance when turning?.

Archived