Sp2 Won't Start

couchcommando

Bikes been running fine so today I decided to fit the standard undertray and remove the pyramid one, only took half hour.....I didn't disconnect anything but moved battery,cdi,alarm etc to one side.

Bike now un arms the alarm ok, turns over but I can't hear the pump prime, I've obviously disturbed something but what, is it alarm or bike wiring I should be checking, would fuel pump/relay be part of the alarm immobilisation ?

Thanks

Go on, i'll be first. Killswitch?

Ok, just re-read that it turns over. Can't think of anything around the battery that will stop the fuel pump; is there a relay there?

Is the tip over sensor mounted to the undertray as there is a black box and it's the only thing I unplugged and plugged in again

Yes but it is sensitive to the position and angle, you need to replicate the OE mount, I can't be more precise because I junked mine years ago, they weigh a ton :)

Yes but it is sensitive to the position and angle, you need to replicate the OE mount, I can't be more precise because I junked mine years ago, they weigh a ton :)

Fackin phone

Unplug it, hold your finger on the start button and slowly wave the little black box about. Fit it at the angle that it all started to work at!

Blue tack, dont forget the blue tack..

Go through all the connections and ensure nothing is loose, just moving stuff to the side can move a loose connector or corroded connector to fail.

J

Unplug it, hold your finger on the start button and slowly wave the little black box about. Fit it at the angle that it all started to work at!

I am not 100% certain this would work, i think the ignition would need to be turned off to reset the fault, could be wrong though

my manual is up at the garage, how many wires does it have? i would guess if you wave a meter at it and check for continuity two wires will make and break when it is waved about

Bikes been running fine so today I decided to fit the standard undertray and remove the pyramid one, only took half hour.....I didn't disconnect anything but moved battery,cdi,alarm etc to one side.

Bike now un arms the alarm ok, turns over but I can't hear the pump prime, I've obviously disturbed something but what, is it alarm or bike wiring I should be checking, would fuel pump/relay be part of the alarm immobilisation ?

Thanks

its fucked ill give you 1000 quid for it, camooone, you had it 2 weeks already...............................

Take the positive lead off the battery for 5 min, should reset it, if it's the TO sensor. Could be something you missed since the fuelpump relay is switched by the ECU, in which case you should double check your work, mainly if you failed to connect something that the alarm have been spliced into

I had a similar problem with my VFR800 a few years back when I was making new subframes for it, and although they're different bikes, they're a similar age, I bet the tip over switch isn't hugely different. There's only 2 bolts that hold it in place, it's either going to go one way up or the other way.

I was fitting a standard undertray, the only thing I unplugged as a small box at the front of the undertray near the shock, I didn't unplug anything else. Looking at it this little box can be fitted two ways so if it is the tilt sensor I could have it the wrong way round, that'll be first job tomorrow. Has to be something simple as I didn't touch many things, bloody Hondas ;)

It does look a lot better now it's back to a 100% standard undertray and not a shit power bronze fibreglass one! whoever thought they were a good idea

And looking at a tilt switch on eBay that is the item I removed, I'll report back tomorrow but thanks for suggestions :)

Before you cutting and splicing the sensor, you want to make sure that it's the actual problem. Have you tried tipping the bike upside down to see if it starts?

It might not show a fault code as the tip sensor is reading one of it's parameters, ie, upside down, if it reads outside it's parameters then you may get a fault code

Before you cutting and splicing the sensor, you want to make sure that it's the actual problem. Have you tried tipping the bike upside down to see if it starts?

:lol:

This is better than corrie get it swapped I'm dying to know if it starts.

Haha I'll be home at 2 to find out if it's upside down.......hope so cos I haven't heard the yoshis yet :)

I would like to thank you for your participation in my experiment to see if tilt switches actually work when the bike is upside down, I can confirm they do so have now put the switch on the right way up :)

Archived