Removing A Datatool

Gix

Just bought a zx10r that has a datatool system 21 alarm fitted and it's a complete pain in the arse.

I want to remove it but does anyone know if there are any issues with the immobilisation by just disconnecting it ?

cheers in advance

Your best bet.. The heaviest fucking hammer you can find, pieces of shit! /rantover

If you just disconnect it, it will immobilise your bike, you'll have to completely remove it from the bike. That being said, it's not that difficult to find out how to easily short the whole system out (as I found out when mine went wrong and immobilised my bandit)

Probably best to get an alarm fitter to remove it.

And probably not good to publish how it's done on the Internet either....

Exactly the reason I haven't posted a how to on what I said :)

If it's an aftermarket alarm, they are very simple to remove. Trace where the alarm loom joins the bike loom, and will be pretty obvious how to remove it, and reconnect the original loom. 30mins work for someone competent with a soldering iron and a some heat shrink.

Mine was professionally fitted and not that easy to remove. I Blew a few fuses trying to work out what reconnected to what better off on a nice bike pay someone a few quid to remove it. It is not as simple as some people think

Surely, if some wires have been cut and the alarm spliced in at this point, join the original wires together matching the colours should sort it? I'd imagine a wiring diagram could be useful at this point too.

The wires are all black to stop the scrotes doing quick rewire job if you have removed one you will quickly understand it's not so easy. Ended up frying my neutral light as well. Leave it to the pros

How do they change the colours on the original loom?

Have a look at removing a professional install and you will get the idea these guys don't make it easy for obvious reasons. The run black wires into original loom and fucking nightmare to trace them. Unless you done one you would think its a piece of piss

Mine was a piece of piss to remove, 30mins. Ducati dealer installed from new.

John at TrackElectronics is your man...

Cheers but I am up in Preston

Just to add, I haven't stripped the bike yet (as it keeps setting the fooking alarm off if I go anywhere near it) and I have printed off the datatool manual.

I'm quite handy with a soldering iron and electronics but just wanted to know if anyone had tried this and if it caused issues with the immobiliser

Mine was a piece of piss to remove, 30mins. Ducati dealer installed from new.

My triumph installed datatool took me just under 10 minutes to remove it. Now you know why the 675 series of bikes always have dirty great locks on them.

Hence they are not worth a fuck if they are easily removed. To be honest I have never specced an alarm in a while as they generally a pain in the areshole. I sleep draped over my bike in a gimp suit to ward off theiving cuntholes

Surely, if some wires have been cut and the alarm spliced in at this point, join the original wires together matching the colours should sort it? I'd imagine a wiring diagram could be useful at this point too.

How do they change the colours on the original loom?

They don't, but if fitted correctly, the two original ends of the cut will be over 300mm apart, and folded if you're lucky, unless I fitted it, then you're not, because I cut the pieces out :P

Good luck finding that ;)

They don't, but if fitted correctly, the two original ends of the cut will be over 300mm apart, and folded if you're lucky, unless I fitted it, then you're not, because I cut the pieces out :P

Good luck finding that ;)

luckily you didn't fit either of the two I removed which were dead easy.

My R1 was a nightmare but I believe the alarm loom is there from new with markings on the black wires, once the alarm is added the markings are taken off the wires, I found 12 or so black wires with no markings, after getting a wiring diagram I traced each one back to the alarm box, only 4 did anything. It wasn't difficult but it was time consuming and I do work with electrics, next time I'll pay someone

my mate took mine off , took him about 1hr , as long as your methodical should be ok

wouldnt stop going off so put it a bucket of water - kept going for 30mins - funny

Archived