Brake Binding When Hot

NCSprinter30

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this dilemma, I took the blade round Snetterton. I noticed the front brakes seemed to be binding a little so took them off, cleaned the pistons* and put them back on. Then by the end of the next session they were doing the same. So kept taking them off and cleaning them most sessions.

Then when I got home and the everything was cold the front brakes don't bind at all. Has anyone come across this before?

* I didn't have any red rubber grease to lube them with so had to do without.

Nah it's up to about full, is it worth taking some out? Is it when it gets hot and expands the brake pads can't return fully?

When I say full, I mean the max mark not brimmed to the full.

Yeah, i was thinking fluid expanding when hot with no room to do so in the reservoir. Might be worth a shot just taking a little bit out.

I've got a trackday at Cadwell on the 7th and 8th of August so I'll take some out and see if it helps. :)

I've got a Brembo 19x20 master cylinder on there with a genuine lever.

what size reservoir are you using? if its one of those little daft ones usually for clutches, change it for a full size one.

also, what calipers do you have? sliding or normal 4 piston jobbies?

It's a full size reservoir, it's just the standard one.

They calipers are standard blade gold nissins, same as the ones on SP1s etc.

There's usually some kind of adjustment on the lever itself where it actuates the master cylinder piston. This is not the span adjustment. Back it off even a quarter turn and it should make a difference.

A

Could the seals be binding (behind the dust seals)

Well I don't think it's the seals as when I use the bike on the road and the brakes don't get that hot there's no problem with them binding. That's what had me confused!

There's usually some kind of adjustment on the lever itself where it actuates the master cylinder piston. This is not the span adjustment. Back it off even a quarter turn and it should make a difference.

A

There's the span adjustment on the lever, (It's a brembo 19x20). I can't see any other adjuster.

Archived