Which Brake Fluid For Trackdays

hipringle

Gonna give mine a fluid change as the lever comes back to the bar nearly after a few sessions on track. I don't want to spend a fortune is there a reasonably priced fluid that anyone can recommend, cheers.

I use Halfords stuff. Problem is probably not your brake fluid.

I hate the lever coming back to the bar. It plagues the K5 on track and stops me from riding how I'd like. Im still fucking slow though.

Yeah thanks I understand it may not be the problem but fresh fluid is always good then I,ll change the master cylinder for something else if its no better. currently have a cbr1000 radial cylinder fitted ,06 vintage I believe, stock k3 gsxr calipers steel lines, thank you.

I will be changing my fluid because I have the same thing as you ... and the same track days.

Change it to Halfords 5.1 (its the black with gold bottle) when I do my fluid I'll do yours as well. With my discount card a 500ml bottle is about 2 quid.

Thanks fellas. Boris much appreciated mate but I,ll change it before I go away one less thing to worry about lol. see you in couple of weeks.

Yep I know you are and I,m envious. You are a bit too laid back at times mate...

No I get very nervous but there's nothing I can do so just have to relax over it

Check the way the brake system (calipers) are put together. Bleeding some systems won't easily flush all the fluid in the caliper, but take the shortest route from m/c to bleed nipple.

Archived