Fireblade Quickshifter Help

hondabri

lookin to fit a quickshifter to my 954 fireblade, i have harris rearsets fitted so the gearshift rod is not standard just wondering if any one has modified a harris gearshift rod to accomodate a pc quickshifter? all advice gladly accepted as always thanks ( supplier of quickshifter informed me that they cant supply a rod that would fit )

harris rod has a kink in it to get it past the the engine casing!

you could try contacting Harris about them making you a 2-piece 'bent' rod for you.

though many find their customer service on the phone leaves something to be desired....

I *might* have a Harris shift rod in my spares, their R1 rearsets came with a bent rod for when they were on the highest/furthest back setting.

if so, you could cut it to length to accommodate the QS and get it re-tapped?

anyway I'll have a rummage..... probably won't be until monday though

I've a feeling that there will be an extended knuckle that sits on the end of the selector shaft, common on the yams r1/r6 where the original shift rod goes through the frame but aftermarket rearsets use a rod that is across the outside face of the frame.

good point KP

on my 4xv with harris rearsets the shift rod still went through the frame, and in the kit was a kinked rod to use if the rearsets were on their highest and/or furthest back setting.

however, a mate had an 02/03 5pw R1 and bought some Harris rearsets for it, I gave him a hand to fit them. we just couldn't get the shift rod to run through the frame for love nor money. we assumed it would be the same as mine, but when we actually read the instructions the shift rod for that model ran outside the frame and there was a replacement shift knuckle included

i appreciate all your input on this guys especially you Evilchicken0 for offering to measure my length :wub: but im gonna just take a punt and try to modify the original shift rod and if that fails probably just put the standard honda rearsets back on the bike!!!

Archived