5Jj R1 Swingarm Bearing Numbers

hybrid400

While changing the rear tyre on my 5JJ R1 i noticed the swingarm bearings had a few mm of play in them and m.o.t is due end of the month.Does anybody know what the bearing numbers are (not the yam part numbers i have those) but the ones stamped on the side of the bearings themselves as i want to order some from a bearing factor instead of the hugely inflated gen parts from yamaha.I could take the arm off and look but would like to order them first to have the least amount of downtime with the bike off the road-i know its a long shot but if you dont ask etc.If not ill drop the arm and post the bearing numbers up for future reference.

Wheres your play mate? If its side to side, then I wouldn't worry too much, they all do that and there's even a spec for it. Obviously if its back and forth or in a twisting fashion there's a problem and I ain't got the numbers to help you lol.

Some side to side play alex a few mm at most.i just didnt want to come away from m.o.t with a fail,trouble is i hadnt noticed it when riding but now i know theres some play im sure i can feel it on the bike,stange the power of suggestion!.The old girls just hit 20000 miles so i was thinking that they may need an overhaul by now anyway.Whats the spec for swingarm play im intrigued now.

Looked in the factory manual and it says 1mm is acceptable and theres more than that,id better break out the spanners then!

A guy on the TZ forum reckons the Yamaha part no. contains the bearing reference.

Yamaha p/no.: XXXXY-YYYXX

Y-YYY = the bearing reference.

Never checked myself.

Just a thought, before you drop the swingarm out have you checked the s/arm pivot nut is correctly torqued, & the shock/linkage mounting nuts/bolts are all tight?

And have you checked it's not play in the rear wheel bearing(s) or cush drive bearing?

in case you've not done it before, the swingarm pivot nut needs a 27mm socket IIRC (thanks to a Mr J porter of Essex-shire for that)

Checked play with the wheel out during a rear tyre change but will put a socket on the swingarm nut to check though just in case.

Archived