Posting Suspension Forks

Wildcard

I need to get my forks to mct ASAP and was toying with the idea of posting them. Has anyone done this on here and how did it go?

Buy the largest dildo anne summers do and then re-use the packing.

As above, plenty of bubble wrap and cut up a large cardboard box so that they don't rattle around. Just posted a pair of forks using this method using Hermes, cost £21 IIRC.

When you put them back in the bike get your suspension fettled before your first session on a track day to avoid running onto the grass at 120 mph.

As stated plenty of bubble wrap. Make sure you put loads around the fork lowers.. The risk of getting the mudguard mount snap off during transit aint worth it.

Also put them opposite each other, one up and down.(bubble wrap each fork separate) You can get the tighter together this way and it will stop them moving so much in transit.

Then parcel tape both together tightly.

Lump of bubble at the bottom of box,, insert forks, lump of bubble at top. Job jobbed

Never had any damaged this way when i sent them back to customers.

I have seen some shocking postal ways,, has some sent to be in just carrier bags taped around them.. :facepalm:

+1 for the wood and cable ties. When OTR did my forks and shock they came back in a wooden box cable tied to the base. I know it was in the bill but well worth it. Much better than thee way I sent them up.

Archived