Brake Discs-Viper,ebc Or China?

Simbo

so i have a gsxr 1000 k6 (you may have heard of those) and im looking to replace my front discs,

price is an issue,

ive seen Demon Tweaks selling EBC -top choice i know, but they allso sell viper, ive not heard of viper discs, any good? they are cheaper but only by about £30,,,

and then theres the dreaded china makes, i have had these before on the R1 and had no problems but i didnt use for very long so dont know how they would have lasted,

Any one have any advice on this other than buy the best you can afford?

any secret suppliers i can look at?

:eusa_think:

Don't scrimp on brakes end of,especially the fronts.. £30 more is a no brainer to me..pay it...

Cheap pad's in rear caliper, but good stuff on the front. Thats my opinion anyhow.

Find the money and buy OE Suzuki discs. EBC maybe as a last resort.

Aftermarket brake anything is usually garbage unless you're going very upmarket.

i have used the ebc aftermarket ones and i was not overly impressed to be honest.

i would defo run brembo, or isr, or even better oem

look up cms nl for oe costs

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Brembo_Brake_Discs_for_Suzuki_Motorcycles.html

oem is 185 euros each = 150 quid each which i don't think is the end of the world for brakes

brembo aftermarkets = 329 a pair which is ok, but why not have oe ones?

I prefer OEM, but my FatBlade came with a new set of EBC's, I am really impressed, feel pretty good and no issues on 2 trackdays and about 3k so far....

Just hate the 'petal' design bollocks....

I run EBC pro-lites road and track and find them more than fine.

Heard lots of good things about Bkackshadow as a budget alternative though....

Put a set of Stealth Viper discs on a runabout a few years ago. No problems.

Would think twice about putting cheap Chinese discs on a bike that may be required to brake from 170mph. Unless you want to test your presumably cheap Chinese leathers. ;-)

IMHO OEM Suzuki discs are pretty poor - when I tracked my old K6 750, the disc bobbins were a major weakness meaning they had to be changed out well before the disc itself was knackered.

I'd certainly look elsewhere......

I have EBC disks and HH pads on the front of the 3XV, and they could be described as 'violent' when used in anger.

I'd recommend them.

Archived