Tell Me What Oil

smobytoe

Depends on how hot it runs/how how the ambient temperature is.

I find that my blade runs quite hot when doing filtering/heavy traffic stuff (daily commute) so I’m happy to run it on 10W-30 as per the recommendation in the booklet. When it gets to winter time, I may change the spec of the oil for slightly better cold weather performance like 5W-30.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using fully or semi synthetic, neither of them will harm your bike. I tend to go for whatever I can get a deal on. Just don’t mix semi and fully synth in the bike.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using fully or semi synthetic, neither of them will harm your bike. I tend to go for whatever I can get a deal on. Just don’t mix semi and fully synth in the bike.

why's that, then?

have read before about not mixing a mineral oil with semi-synth or synthetic

but not aware of any reason why you couldn't mix semi and fully synth? that shouldn't make any difference, shirley?

If in doubt ... RTFM .... or, have a look in the owners manual / workshop manual. You can usually download these after a search on't web.

why's that, then?

have read before about not mixing a mineral oil with semi-synth or synthetic

but not aware of any reason why you couldn't mix semi and fully synth? that shouldn't make any difference, shirley?

No real reason at all, it was just one of those things one hears about that you shouldn't do. May be no harm at all in doing so, I'd just rather not risk it what with different additives etc. in fully synth compared to semi-synth.

No real reason at all, it was just one of those things one hears about that you shouldn't do. May be no harm at all in doing so, I'd just rather not risk it what with different additives etc. in fully synth compared to semi-synth.

Probably more to do with not getting the two confused and thinking they are more or less the same.

Archived