Clutch Drag

Evilchicken0

The Bimota is dragging the clutch. The bite point is close to the bar and although the clutch works OK I don't seem to be able to get enough movement in it.

This is a liquid clutch, so I've changed the master cylinder for a radial, changed the clutch line too.

Its a GSX-R1100 water cooled

Defo

The bike stood for a whole albeit with newish oil in it. Maybe it will get better with a run ... Although I somehow doubt it.

Degunk the slave cylinder. Clean it up and maybe seals and Bosh. Sorted

Or change to the new one I've got ... hmmm only a need to swing the engine forward on the top mounts for this as opposed to dropping it completely to do the clutch.

I thought this was a thread about evening wear and handbags for the elegant, 'liberated' man.

Blimey ... So this is the slave

Well there it is, access denied !!!

IMG_2766_zpsa9799a75.jpg

Radiator away ... caught most of the coolant

IMG_2768_zpsebb8bdc8.jpg

Pipes off, chain off and engine mounts undone (the carbs get taken off next )

IMG_2769_zpsfb83eedc.jpg

So with the engine loose it drops down and you can see the Slave.

IMG_2770_zpsbb8e6011.jpg

There we have it, but the sproket cover's broken which might be why the clutch is like it is, because now the cover can flex more than it should.

IMG_2771_zps55636634.jpg

And this is the potential problem - That's the rest of thesprocket cover. i can't get it out because the bolt is to long it hits the frame before clearing the cases. So I'm going to bosh it back to gether and get another cover, cut it down and put it in during the autumn / winter

IMG_2773_zps52ed6929.jpg

Get the engine back where it should be

IMG_2774_zpsfe789b66.jpg

and nearly back in the room - I need to retension the chain top up the oil and coolant

IMG_2775_zps728a5ae3.jpg

Archived