Anyone Got A 2009 Onward Gsxr 1000 ?

V6Jon

As above, does anyone have one of the above BPF equipped GSXR's ??

And if you do, could you measure a something for me ?

I have got some of these forks and yokes to go on my SRAD and they will be on there way home from MCT in the next day or two and I am trying to work out whether (short term) I can put my SRAD front wheel in them :eusa_think:

I know the GSXR 1000 discs are 10mm smaller diameter then the SRAD ones so I will need to space the calipers out 5mm, but I cant find out for the life of me whether the SRAD discs will line up with the caliper centres.

So if someone could measure the disc centres, or even the distance between the two outside disc surfaces, I would be very gratefull.

Jon

Anybody ?

Please :eusa_pray:

My shiney new BPF forks turned up from MCT today, all beautiful and shiney, resprung and ready to go on my SRAD, however I need to work out what bits I need to achieve that, and what they will cost !

I currently have the BPF forks and yokes along with all the standard SRAD bits.

What I really need to find out is whether i 'just' need calipers, master cylinder, clip ons and mudguard to fit them ?

Or will I have to add a front wheel, brake discs and spindle etc to the shopping list :icon_pale:

Ta

I think you'll find that the disc pitch is the same between your srad and the new forks.

You might need a new spindle but the calipers should fit ok.

The disc spacing on a zx10r (radial) is the same as my non radial r1. So long as the fork width on your srad is the same as the new set you should be ok

Thanks chaps, I shall have to start trawling ebay to try and sort some calipers then, and down the back of the sofa to find some cash to pay for them !

I am absolutely skint at the moment, and I am doubtfull wither the sofa or even the kids piggy banks will yield enough, but as I am going to need calipers, master cylinder and a mudguard before I can even begin to look at fitting the forks, let me know what you have and how much you want.

Be gentle with me :eusa_pray:

• 2 weeks later...

Right then, thanks to KP of this parish my pile of shiny new parts now includes the callipers and M/C i need for this.

I have also spent much time comparing microfiche, which has proved that the BPF and SRAD front ends surprisingly share many parts, including head / wheel bearings.

However my original question still remains :

As above, does anyone have one of the above BPF equipped GSXR's ??

And if you do, could you measure a something for me ?

I have got some of these forks and yokes to go on my SRAD and they will be on there way home from MCT in the next day or two and I am trying to work out whether (short term) I can put my SRAD front wheel in them :eusa_think:

I know the GSXR 1000 discs are 10mm smaller diameter then the SRAD ones so I will need to space the calipers out 5mm, but I cant find out for the life of me whether the SRAD discs will line up with the caliper centres.

So if someone could measure the disc centres, or even the distance between the two outside disc surfaces, I would be very gratefull.

Jon

So can anyone have a measure for me please ??

Jon

Archived