Fazer 600 Shock

hylar1000

The rear shock on my fazer 600 is softer than a soft softie thing.

As it is now 14 years old and looks beyond reasonable anything can anyone recommend a straight"ish" swap from another bike that would be a bit of an upgrade?

Apparently an R6 can be made to fit, but it's probably not worth the Hassle.

I got a nitron for mine and race tech linear springs for the front. Very effective.

What're the lower spec nitron's like, any good? They do one for my ER6, fairly cheap (I'm kinda skint at the moment and very little comes up 2nd hand), is it worth it? Which do you have?

to be fair, the bike is a 2000 and owes me £350 so spending a few hundred on a nitron shock is just not on the cards. do you know what years R6 can be used?

The rear shock on my fazer 600 is softer than a soft softie thing.

As it is now 14 years old and looks beyond reasonable anything can anyone recommend a straight"ish" swap from another bike that would be a bit of an upgrade?

Ive got a 2000 fazer 600 and have the same problem. I tried to fit a 2006 2co r6 rear shock as i had a spare one from the fzr4/6 hybrid build.The r6 shock is the wrong length i cant remember exactly what,but i think the fazer shock is 300mm eye to eye and the r6 one is shorter i can check if you like.I had a spare r6 shock extension (made beautifully by kayla) leftover from the build and tried it with that but it was was still the wrong length-but the shock did fit.The only trouble is that the top of the r6 shock fouls the fazer expansion bottle where it sits behind the motor.You can space out the back of the expansion bottle , but it is fiddly.Ask kayla to make up an extension to make the shock the right length i reckon there must be tons of fazer owners who would want a cheap shock upgrade as the suspension is the only thing that feels cheap on it.If you find a good alternative-please let me know,mine has lost just about any control it had!

could you measure the r6 shock please. I will look at the back of the motor and expantion bottle over the next few days. cheers

Yep-will do,the shock has to be 2006 onwards as im sure the 5eb and 5sl r6 shocks have an eye at the bottom of the shock as opposed to the forks on the 2co and 13s r6 shocks.

Archived