Bent Front Wheel Spindle

Tom Mac

Has anyone straightened or had straightened a bent front wheel spindle? Buying a new one is not an option as they are NLA from Yamaha and every second hand one I've bought is not straight

I presume this is for your 2MA?

I had a similar issue in that my original one had hit the floor at some stage making the first few threads very difficult to seat. So I ended up buying a complete frontend to just get the spindle. Need to sell the remains soon. Which does remind me, if you are looking for bits drop me a PM you never know what might no longer need...

A press and a couple of V blocks should see it right.

You can have some things rolled to straighten them.

But if you were prepared to get a new one from Yamaha then just get one made. I thought there was a company on the Bay that makes them for TZ or TZR

how long are they? Wemoto sell universal 12mm spindles, 255mm and 265mm long.for £14.40

+ just discovered that there's loads of new 12mm spindles on ebay even cheaper!

less than a fiver for a 270mm long spindle, with nut, including delivery :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pit-Dirt-Bike-12mm-Rear-AXLE-SPINDLE-270mm-Nut-Classic-Wheel-Spacer-110cc-125cc-/171295401200?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item27e20064f0

I'll give the "10 tonne press and v blocks" suggestion a go with the pit bike spindle as a last resort - can't say that i'm overly confident about the quality of those.

Surely a new, straight spindle will be stronger than a bent and straightened 20-odd year old spindle?

Surely a new, straight spindle will be stronger than a bent and straightened 20-odd year old spindle?

More than likely. However would you fit parts advertised for a pitbike to your RS125 without investigating them a bit further?

More than likely. However would you fit parts advertised for a pitbike to your RS125 without investigating them a bit further?

Touché :lol:

Archived