Keyless Ign/proximity Switch Help.

mattbloke

As above, after changing the front end on my 7RR I have an issue with the ign switch. Im thinking about going for some sort of proximity sensor type set up so I can run the bike via the kill switch, whike still having some anti theft protection. Has anyone used anything/anyone that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance :-)

If Lee (Smemly on here) can find the key fob, I have a remote control ignition you can have. It was fitted to the M but he removed it when he brought it.

Many, many years ago, I removed the ignition barrel from my KLE500 following multiple theft attempts (go figure) and replaced it with a remote keyfob from a Harry Moss car alarm.

It worked perfectly, after I spent several days figuring out why it wouldn't start even after powering up, turns out there was a diode in the barrel that had to be present. So I wired it into an XLR plug and added the socket to the loom. So the bike could not be fired up even if the thief hotwired the ignition.

No idea on the expensive one but i remember working on an FZR1000 that had something like the cheapy one fitted - it was shit in so much that the alarm was crap and went off every time you tried to move it or disconnected the battery regardless of whether it was armed or not.

It may have been down to how it was installed of course but it did my head in for about 3 weeks, it was nearly burned with fire....

The remote start bit seemed to work ok.

I built a remote start for my gsxr11 from a 2 channel RF kit from maplins. This was also crap as the vibration killed the circuit board, twice.

No idea on the expensive one but i remember working on an FZR1000 that had something like the cheapy one fitted - it was shit in so much that the alarm was crap and went off every time you tried to move it or disconnected the battery regardless of whether it was armed or not.

It may have been down to how it was installed of course but it did my head in for about 3 weeks, it was nearly burned with fire....

The remote start bit seemed to work ok.

I built a remote start for my gsxr11 from a 2 channel RF kit from maplins. This was also crap as the vibration killed the circuit board, twice.

Excellent review ! - thats the cheap one off the list then !! :biggrinvk4: - Many thanks -

Cheers Paul

Archived