Cbr600Rr 07 Fault Codes

El Gringo

Aye up everyone,

Has anyone got a list of the fault codes for an 07 on CBR6RR?

I've got the FI light flashing, 3 long blinks and 5 short blinks

I think its related to the exhuast servo, the bike has been standing outside for a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Chris

Aye up everyone,

Has anyone got a list of the fault codes for an 07 on CBR6RR?

I've got the FI light flashing, 3 long blinks and 5 short blinks

I think its related to the exhuast servo, the bike has been standing outside for a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Chris

from the 2007-8 Honda shop manual...

PGM FI - 35

EGCV servomotor malfunction

Loose or poor contact of the EGCV connector

EGCV or its circuit malfunction

EGCV servomotor lock

essentially it recommends disconnecting the cables from the servo and then turning on the ignition, if the servo moves it's one of the cables fuckered, if the servo doesn't move and it's connected correctly then the servo is fuckered.

Right, think I've sorted it, i gave the exup cables a wiggle and it stopped the flashing nonsense.

However when i took the bike for a blast up the road the FI light came on and stayed on after giving it a decent run up through 1st, 2nd and 3rd up to about 100 leptons.

Turned the key off then back on and it was gone, repeated this test 3 times to the same result. Only did when giving it a big handful and not normal speed trundling about.

It is/was very very low on fuel, would the light come on with a loss of fuel pressure? IE when i gave it a fist full the remaining fuel shifted to the back of the tank away from the pick up?

I'd check that the most recent time the light came on wasn't for the same exup related thing. My guess is that the valve needs to open fully when you're hammering it, and only then does it have a problem, it's OK when it's part open.

Archived