Electrical People - Tlr Related

markw

so ive taken the gaffa tape off the starter relay and am faced with this..! all the connectors are loose in the block , should i strip back and put in individual spade connectors..? or just get another block

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111165124@N04/13543349483/

no wonder it kept conking out...

cheers all

Personally I'd use a block because it's neater and you can't connect them wrongly like individual wires. That looks like it's a weather resistant one which might be a bit more dosh but probably worth it

The photo won't load on my computer for some reason, but if it's the side where the cable's coming off the battery and going to the starter, I'd just go direct, thickest biggest most badass cable on the planet. Most connectors will probably have a tough time with such a hefty current draw, although if you look on somewhere like vehicle wiring products, they may sell you a big hefty connector. Personally, I'd tidy the cables and go with connectors straight on to the solenoid. If it's just the cables from the switch, which only carry light current, fuck it, do whatever makes you happy, but as the chickster said, make sure they're waterproof.

yeah perfect guys, i'll put individual spade connectors onto it and heat shrink them round it and hopefully my poorly TLR will be not poorly anymore..!!

Archived