Honda Calipers

Hendo

Does anyone know if any other calipers will fit this 1997 CBR 600 of mine? It has 80mm bolt spacing.

It currently has the 2 pot sliding jobbies up front and despite stripping and cleaning they are woefully shit. It already has braided hoses, new fluid and plenty of meat on the EBC HH rated pads.

They lack bite, feel and stopping power and I'd like to change them if something else was a direct fit...?

41mm fork lowers - your best bet is firestorm or MC28 - then you can fit the large Nissins that are the law.

or NC30 lowers and some brackets...

Sliding calipers are poo

One thing to bear in mind might be if your speedo is run off a cable on the front; you might want another bike that'll take the speedo drive. If not, ignore this.

has it ever had new seals ? they are supposed to be changed every 4 years and you might be using a good chunk of the force just moving the pistons , also Dunlopad hh+ are the absolute shizzle for turning your squeezage into retardation

Dunlopad hh+ are the absolute shizzle for turning your squeezage into retardation

DP sport HH+ are the connoisseurs pad of choice. However, they're not the bitiest ever, and if you're lacking initial bite, I'd just say fuck it, spend a shit load on new fork lowers & calipers. What's the worst that can happen? You get a bit skint. No problem for me...

Iv got a decent pair of nc30 callipers , braided lines and master cylinder I'm selling if there any use ?

Taken from my trackbike when I did the fork swap on it .

My old nc29 would lift the back wheel under hard braking.

Like Nige says replace the seals and clean up the pistons

Fully stripped and serviced my NC23 2 pots are awesome, along with braided lines, Bendix MRRs and a master cylinder rebuild

All good advice folks. I wasnt keen on spending much money on them, at the end of the day they will always just be sliding 2 pots, hence hoping for the bolt on replacement option. Its kinda wierd, they seem to offer very little feeling. Pull on it hard and it feels like they are going to lock up, yet your not actually stopping that quick. Its probably just highlighting the worn out suspension? Or the brakes on the 3XV are spoiling me. EDIT - why doesnt the return button work on my phone!?

Didn't I read somewhere that people do adaptor plates for sticking proper calipers on SVs? Maybe they'll also fit a CBR?

I guess you've made sure they are actually sliding ? You've cleaned the pin and replaced the grease.

Put a cbr RR front end on it or just sell it and buy a Yamaha

Archived