Cnc Machining Recommendations In Uk

Gadgeteer

Hey there,

Google throws up 101 links for CNC workshops in the UK, but before I start ringing around, does anyone have any good (or bad) experiences to share? I'd be interested to know if any of these guys are good at dealing with DIY'ers who want to make 1-off prototype parts for their bikes.

Any recommendations would be appreciated,

Cheers

Gadgeteer

All sorts!

1) Rear suspension linkage

2) Various brackets

3) Rear-set hangers

4) Rear caliper hanger

5) Front disc adapters

The list is endless to be honest.

What I'd really love is to be able to draw something in Autodesk, email the files off, pay some money and then wait for the postman to bring my bling.

I think the key question is probably what file formats the companies are happy to deal with.

Cheers,

Hello Jamie ... my new best friend!

I took a look at your Facebook page - some great stuff on there. If you're up for it, I'd like to try sending a file to your gmail address, just to see if you recognise the format.

I've been playing around with Autodesk 123D, but it doesn't output the formats you'd mentioned above. It seems to be focussed on some Mickey-Mouse Shopbot machines (.spb files) but it did have an option for a 'generic' format - it just didn't say what it was.

I like the idea of what Autodesk is trying to do with 123D, mainly because its free, but I have to say the latest version is a bit crashy. I'm going to search for some other freebies and see if they're any better.

Cheers

Gadgeteer

Archived