Fireblade 954 Won't Start

NCSprinter30

I've got a 954 FireBlade that I took the tank off to get sprayed, whilst it was away I fitted a PCIII and the quick release fuel couplings.

I got the tank back rigged it all up and initially the pump wouldn't prime when I turned the ignition on. The next time I tried it the pump primed but it doesn't start. I've ruled out the fuel cut off relay as I swapped it for the headlight relay, I've disconnected the PCIII.

Still no joy, then I put new fuel hoses on without the quick release couplings, the fuel pump connector is getting 11.8 volts so that's not the problem. It's sparking as I sprayed carb cleaner in the throttle bodies and it fires straight up so it's definitely fuel related.

I then ran the pump constantly off another battery and tried to fire the bike up but still nothing. It's not showing any FI codes on the dash, anyone got any other ideas?

I suspect it is the pump but don't have another to test it against. If it is the pump how on earth did it just give up the ghost?

Another odd thing is I don't think the fuel level sensor is working as there is only a few litres of fuel in there and it isn't on, it also doesn't light up when you turn the ignition on.

Maybe it's out of fuel... ;) Feel for you brother.Maybe take it down to a competent garage and have them install it for you?

Edit:Lovely bike though :)

You say 11.8 volts bit should this not be around 13 volts?

Also how long has the tank been off as this could be dry fuel related or at least shit in the filter

Yeah that is slightly down but I wouldn't of thought there would be any issues With that Voltage. It was only off for a week and the painter wrapped the Pump in a plastic bag so shouldn't be clogged.

have you got the tank fitted or is it jacked up at the front while you're working on it ?in which case the fuel pick up may not actually be in the fuel

I've got the tank lying down as it should be, I tempted to stick some more fuel in there to double make sure but 6 litres should be plenty! Gonna check the fuel pressure regulator tomorrow apparently these are a common fault.

Just annoying that it was running perfect before stripping it down!

Which hose is the return to the fuel pump? Does the pump pressurise the right hand side of the fuel rail or the left? If it's the right then I know what's the problem....

It pressurises from the right (17mm nut) and returns through the 6mm pipe on the left........own up, what ya done :D

Maybe just maybe I err I mean my mate chopped the lines to fit quick release couplings and when putting it back together put the fuel lines the wrong way round. Haha what a knob I am err I mean my mate is! Started first stab of the button once corrected! :)

Maybe just maybe I err I mean my mate chopped the lines to fit quick release couplings and when putting it back together put the fuel lines the wrong way round. Haha what a knob I am err I mean my mate is! Started first stab of the button once corrected! :)

yeah, yeah, its something we have all done...no no, honest it is... :lol::lol::lol:

Haha, I think it's one to add to the stupid workshop mistakes! :)

very much so, Im also going to pm Admin and ask him to make this thread a "sticky"... :lol::lol:

Archived