Iridium Sparky Plugs

misfit

On my way back from safety recall on Thursday the GSXR600 K9 with 6700 miles, started running really rough like it wasn't firing correctly, it cut out once and was getting really slugish so I decided that it might be an idea to get new spark plugs, winced at the price for four. Fitted plugs, all is well again. So the question is do these look normal for 6700 miles, and would you leave them in for that long. I thought these looked a bit cooked. :huh:

1978856_10203197752285319_1046117322_n_z

iridiums are a waste of money

iridiums are a waste of money

Innit. The BIM / GSX-R1100W eats them, they foul up very quickly and if the engine doesn't catch and fire you can bet you need a new set. Fit standard or twin electrode and its all fine.

They are standard fit for the K9 though, I'd expect them to have lasted longer than the 6700 miles, and Pricey.

at 6700 miles it probably needs a new air filter , gixxers eat the bastid's

I was told last week that there is only 3 tons of iridium mined every year worldwide , 3/4 of a ton goes for spark plugs , hence the expense

I noticed as I was changing the plugs that the filter was manky, so ordered a new one. Noted for the next time it does the same. Cheers

Archived