Unknown Oil Cooled Gsxr Engine

Instant Gymnast

I have this almost complete GSXR 750 lump that was destined for the Mighty Blandit tm. It looks like it will be cheaper for me to buy another complete 600 lump and drop that in than rebuild this one. I do need to know what model its out of though. This is a pic of the head/cam followers and the engine no is R716-110820 The suzuki dealers I called said they couldn't ID it without the chassis no.... Hmmm Any help please Ma brethren..

20140320_112232_zps3674605f.jpg

My '84 750 Slabby had screw and locknut valve adjustment. Yours appears to be shims, so I'm guessing it's a Slingshot one or later.

Have you tried Googling the engine number?

My '84 750 Slabby had screw and locknut valve adjustment. Yours appears to be shims, so I'm guessing it's a Slingshot one or later.

Have you tried Googling the engine number?

I think it was the later longer stroke 750 l/m slingshot motors that went to shims

Ms were shims, Ls and earlier were screw and lock nut. Ks were the short stroke (748cc), RKs and later were long stroke (749cc)

By a process of elimination, I'd say it's a 1991 M model. they went watercooled after that.

It does say 749 on the barrels... So am I right in thinking its an M long stroke motor..? Also where would the shims go? Does anyone have a PDF or such like of a manual so I can sort the cam caps out and order the correct bits to make it a going concern maybe...

Archived