16Mm Nut Lock Cb 900C

Mahatma

Just wondered on the adviceability of replacing the original 16mm nut lock (picture below) with a regular nut one can use regular tools on?Is that a suicide thought as it will certainly come loose,and ruin everything,or is my reasoning sound,that it just is a regular nut with irregular tool fitting?To me it looks very easy to get loose,but very hard to tighten to specific torque setting...

Maybe the strangelooking washer lock indicates that what I call reasoning is not at all as sound as I'd like it to be... (pick below nut)

90231kcs651-nut-lock-16mm_medium90231200

washerlock-16mm_medium90431292000-01_868

Take a socket and grind it down so that is has 4 prongs sticking out that'll fit into the lock nut. Then you can use the original lock nut without having to worry about dying.

If you don't have an angle grinder you can buy the tool quite cheaply,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CG-125-CG125-OIL-SPINNER-CENTRIFUGE-FILTER-CENTRIFUGAL-SERVICE-ENGINE-hj-/301110655888?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item461b97fb90

Maybe buying that tool is the best option after all...

Thanks for suggestion :)

Take a socket and grind it down so that is has 4 prongs sticking out that'll fit into the lock nut. Then you can use the original lock nut without having to worry about dying.

If you don't have an angle grinder you can buy the tool quite cheaply,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CG-125-CG125-OIL-SPINNER-CENTRIFUGE-FILTER-CENTRIFUGAL-SERVICE-ENGINE-hj-/301110655888?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item461b97fb90

I bought the set of those that the same ebay guy 'turbosuzuki' does for the k6 thou, for the swingarm, engine mounts and head bearing adjuster (top left of pic)

IMG-20130121-00480.jpg

they're very handy, and he does a very good service.

I went ahead and bought the official tool.Cost little,and arrived fast.Now it's waiting for warmer weather to check how I manage this particular job.Bets are on in pieces or whole.Odds on favourite are either I wuss out,or in pieces,but will post the result here.

Thanks for answers

Archived