Rc8 Style Exhaust System

Kaos Theory

Probably a reeeeally stupid question, but given there are some very talented people on here when it comes to engineering shit for their bikes, I thought I'd ask...

I'm toying with the idea of fitting an MV Agusta swingarm to my '04 ZX10R, like the one here: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=132415&stc=1&d=1279490478

but I don't like the way the exhaust will slightly obscure things, I want all the focus to be on the swingarm.

So I was wondering if if would be possible to have an exhaust system made up like the ones on the KTM RC8, i.e. hidden away in the bellypan.

photo11_zps6fb29aaa.jpg

j5dsf9.jpg

Just wondering what kind of issues I could expect to run into, e.g.

Would it produce too much heat under the sump?

Would it melt my bellypan? (which is already lined with heat shielding)

Would the system have to be so short it would be offensively loud? (not the end of the world admittedly)

Have at it lads'n'lassies...

Issue your going to have more than anything else will probably be how close to the headers that can will be, anything is doable if you throw enough effort and/or money at it!

just musing here but I think

the Rc8 was designed from the outset to have an underslung exhaust, also they have a dry sump IIRC correctly which makes packaging one easier

your ZX10 wasn't, and doesn't.

not saying it can't be done, but making it work is going be more difficult / complicated / expensive

The down tubes already go in the bellypan, where the exhaust gas is hottest so I don't see why it would be a problem? A bit if venting maybe? Fitting it all in might be a challenge though. I'd talk to someone like Racefit or MHP and see what they could do.

Archived