Petrol Tank Rust?

badcherrys

Is there anything out there to rid rust out of my RSV's petrol tank? I've seen a couple of products on the market that claim to remove rust. But do they really work? Or do I have to bite the bullet and by a tank?

Bilt Hamber do a blinding kit

I thought prillers had plastic tanks

Hey dan,The later ones do. Mine's the 1st gen (1999) They were made of metal. Thank you for the replies really appreciated.

:icon_salut: BC

Hi, I used the bilt hamber kit. It was called deo x and surfex. The surfex is a degreaser and the deo x is the rust stuff. Amazing results.

Hi, I used the bilt hamber kit. It was called deo x and surfex. The surfex is a degreaser and the deo x is the rust stuff. Amazing results.

Glad to hear it, i have recommended it a few times on different forums , i used it on a tank i honestly thought was fit for the bin, but since i had already bought the kit gave it a try, came out like new :)

Fill the tank with cheap cola, worked on an old mz.

Bet you'd get even better results by filling it with White Vinegar, probably even cheaper.

So if phosphoric acid and acetic acid work, i am no chemist, but i wonder if uric acid would? seriously, im not taking the piss

Three litres of white spirit & a large amount of marbles. The LDD Viffer tank is rusty as fuck - i'll let you know the results....

Archived