Attention Cbr1000rr 04/05 owners

wesifume

What, no club crawl down Leeson Street? :mad: Pah...I've cancelled the flights now. ;)

You'll get it sorted, just take your time and be methodical*. If not, drag it to a field somewhere, set it on fire and make an insurance claim. :lol:

* And I reserve the right to laugh my dick off if you have knocked the fuel pump power connector off when you changed the plugs.

Portlaoise has clubs, burds and eatsern european Hoo-ers what else do we need.

I didn't knock the power connecter off....whats it look like, where is it.

I'm pretty* sure i didn't knock off anything whilst i expertly took the bike apart and rebuilt it. I am sure the prob was ther before i changed the plugs, because the bike didn't start before i changed em, therefore, ergo vis a vie...Just Feckoff!

I feckin Left my Haynes Manual in my office friday Grrrr....

But, i took off the tank, removed the fuel, took out the pump, had a look, everythings connected, all connections around the area connected.

Put tank back on (no fuel in) no fuel warning light. No signal or power is going to the pump*, but i'm completley stumped..

* thats not to sya i checked it with a multimeter or owt..its just what i'm thinking.

Did you reconnect the fuel level sensor thingy?

There was only one connecter block coming off the fuel pump and that has been reconnected good. listen for click..see that its clicked..okay ( i assume that was it)

No flashing of the mil light, no Fi lights on the dash. No broken fuses of all the ones i can find.

I cleaned around the stand area but did not disconnect the little electrical gubbin down there (will do)

Kill switch is in the run position.

? :wacko: ? I'm lost.

I'm struggling a bit, but i'm gonna go back to the start.

Strip it all and check everything.

I have a check list to follow re the fuel pump in the Haynes and i'm gonna follow that first though. Getting a lend of a multimeter so at least i will learn how to use that. So, ill check back from the fuel pump connecter, if that works, i'll take the pump out again and check the wires in that. and work my way from there.

If i don't get it this week i'll get she to a Nunnery

Hi all, i know this is gonna sound stupid after all this technical talk but if the engine's turning over but not firing i'd guess the immobiliser might have something to do with it. If you have a spare key try using that one it might make a difference. As i said it might sound silly but i cut car keys for a living and and some times they need re tuning (dealer only tho ) ya never know..............

Hi all, i know this is gonna sound stupid after all this technical talk but if the engine's turning over but not firing i'd guess the immobiliser might have something to do with it. If you have a spare key try using that one it might make a difference. As i said it might sound silly but i cut car keys for a living and and some times they need re tuning (dealer only tho ) ya never know..............

No, it doesn't sound stupid because its a very good possibility. if the key isn't recognised then you can turn the engine over till the cows come home, the fuel pump will not start though.

i am bringing it to a Honda shop on Thursday morning. €50.00 for one hours labour...diagnostic check. Maybe get another key cut and programmed €65.00, the look on my face when they can't find the fault either...Priceless.

"There are somethings in life money can't fix ,like the diagnostioc check. For everything else There's Fire"

Bike didn't go to Honda today, but is going to a Farmhouse two and a half miles away from my Gaff tomorrow night , to a man that builds engines for road racers over here, he built an engine for the fastest Irishman in a sidecar around the tt, and he has a Dyno in his shed. wtf.

If he can't find the Problem, it'll go to Honda.

Best of luck, Wes.

Thanks Tom..I hope it turns out to be summat stupid, but the lads gonna try a few things and if he can't resolve it, it will go to Honda..but he reckons if all fails it may be the cdi unit. :icon_bounce:

Warranty job, if that's the case, then?

Edit - if it's the CDI, not if it comes back as above. :D

No warranty, 2004 uk bike...wha wha wha.

I wouldn't mind the Sidecar...but the Burgman would piss me off

No word yet...

as soon as i know, i'll update the thread. The dude that has it, was gonna have a look late friday night, and he had to go away Saturday :tacheemoticonwh7:

Hopefully, by This eve/tonight i'll know what the future will hold.

Yes, i'll know by tonight.

Right. . . . .

No power going to the Fuel pump. Ta da.

Does that mean it's the pump... i don't know, but, i will have one with me Saturday, €100.00 and if that don't fix it, i don't have to pay for it.

Heres hoping that, thats the problem.

Until Saturday.

( oh and Zak, i got internet at home today, Yay!)

what did you do too cause this

Fook all mate. put it to bed in the winter time and did'nt start it for a while.

But, as tom has pointed out and zak said.

Zak, a faulty kill switch will cause the bike not to prime.. :eusa_think:

and Tom with the fuel pump relay..FFS

Hang on. If the kill switch was faulty, would the bike still read as if there was no fuel in the tank, as when there was none, ther was no fuel light on, same question for the fuel pump relay.

If it wouldn't affect it, than it must be the pump, Shirley? :eusa_whistle:

On a side note lads.

There is barely any coolant in the coolant bottle... should it be a the max all the time?

don't kill me.

I am just a poor boy but my storys seldom told...Oh mama mia mama mia let me go

Yes i know they are two different songs.

Wanna swap for a ZZR? Mine sounds like it's easier to sort out ;)

Ha ha . No, i'm only lerndung all this stuff.

If theres no power to the fuel pump now theres not going to be any to the new one either. Follow the wires backwards from the fuel pump and see where you get to.have a look and tell me how many wires to the pump and what colour they are theres a good lad.

If theres no power to the fuel pump now theres not going to be any to the new one either. Follow the wires backwards from the fuel pump and see where you get to.have a look and tell me how many wires to the pump and what colour they are theres a good lad.

I tested the fuel pump last night, hooked up to a 12volt battery, it works.

Sidestand switch checked, fine.

Airbox off, Radiator loosened air intake brought forward, i was checking for spark. . no spark.

i have a day off today, and i have the bike in Dublin with me. A lad will be having a look after 10 bells, if still no joy, i'll bring it around to a Honda shop and throw it onto the diagnostics machine.

We will be checking, kill switch ie opening it . Clutch switch. Ignition, Hiss etc.

Smugs, i will have a look at the wiring diagram on the Haynes and let you know whats there.

OK, so the pump works. This means that it is not getting power.

Look back to this post

Fuel Pump = OK

30A fuse = OK

10A fuse = OK

Fuel cut-off relay = Check this

Engine Stop Relay = Check this

Tilt Sensor= OK

ECU= Not Checked

I'd also throw in checking the kill switch. If the kill switch is off (or FUBARD so it is not making contact when in the run position) the engine will turn over, pump will not prime, sparks will not spark (exact symptoms you are having).

Fuel cut-off relay = Check this

Engine Stop Relay = Check this

ECU= Not Checked

So, three things to check. I'll find out where they are located show i can show the chap straight away.

See, i'm smart but not studious, it takes me a while to process things. Hopefully :eusa_think: , we can find a soultion by end of the day.

Thanks again Zak, and all peeps that helped, but mainly Zak :eusa_wall: .

Nah, ye are all great.

Is the fuel cut-off relay the same as the fuel pump relay? That can be checked too, I reckon. Maybe. I dunno...

Engine stop relay fucking 20amp fuse, which i checked, and is fine. Apart from the corrosion. no contact being made.

New one in, Spark, air box on, petrol tank on, one turn . Ignition, singing away happy as larry.

Bike works, thank fuck. No cost anywhere.

Every corroded fuse is coming off, getting cleaned, every panel is getting cleaned, every nut/bolt is being lubed.

Fucking corrosion.

Happy, i'm gonna give the lad a reach around.

Thanks everybody on pb, thanks Ken for a lend of the trailer. Thanks Robbie Hand( whiz mechanic and all round bike abuser) for his expertise

BBQ at mine.

Woohoo

Archived