954 Fuel Line Coupling

NCSprinter30

Has anyone used quick release fuel line couplings on a 954 FireBlade to save draining the tank to remove it?

I've got some Motrax ones but don't want them to cause a fuel leak. Should they be sufficient?

Not on a FirePlace, but I've used the 6mm and 8mm ones without any problems on FZR400 and 600s. Obviously don't switch the bike on and inadvertently try and pump fuel through a closed half... That was a flammable lesson well learned :)

Isn't a 954 injected? Might be a bit different to a much lower pressure pump on an FZR?

Yeah it's injected, it's gravity fed out of the tank and down to the fuel pump I think so shouldn't be under high pressure. I not completely sure which is why I asked.

Yeah it's injected, it's gravity fed out of the tank and down to the fuel pump I think so shouldn't be under high pressure. I not completely sure which is why I asked.

then that should be fine.

I used a CPC one on the R1 (carb'ed) and had no problems at all with it, in fact it was bloody brilliant.

*disclaimer*

if you find yourself in the back of an ambulance on a free trip to the burns unit, then you ain't seen me, roight?!

(taps nose with finger)

I've taken the tank off today and I was wrong, the fuel pump is inside the tank so the fuel lines going to and returning from the fuel rail are under pressure.

Are the quick release couplings going to cope with the pressure?

Without them the tank is a right ballache to take off like Mark (out the mag) said.

The problem is there's a good chance it will foul the tank once fitted, plus the 6mm return pipe is the one that leaks when removed, the large pipe with the 17mm closed end banjo nut just empties the pipe. Personaly I would leave it standard ! Once you've removed it a few times its a peice of piss.

Archived