Zx9R B1 Head Swap

El Gringo

Ey up all,

Quick question, a mate of mine has a B1 ZX9 with a knackered head. He thought the head gasket had gone but upon stripping it it became apparent that there are cracks between the valves in the head dome.

Question is are there any fixes for this (i'm guessing not a chance) and will a 750 head of the same era fit?

I think a B1 is 94/95

Ta very much like!

Chris

this is not an uncommon problem with them, the gap between the valves lacks meet apparently, I have seen a couple, best bet by all accounts is a new head, this is because it may already be week in the other gaps, of course the problem is with the bike beig the age it is any you buy could also develop the problem.

sorry if this is not much help, I don't kow about the 750 head, but I think the 9 has bigger valves so that mau suggest it would be different, also the 9r pistons are bigger

If you look on the head just under the carb mounts, you'll see a number.... #1, 2 or 3. 3 being the latest. I think some ZX9 heads have #4 on them, but I believe the only change is in the inlet and exhaust port profiles between them.

Archived