Gsxr1000 Top Yoke Conversion Question

CHESTER

So I've fitted fireblade clip ons to my gsxr as this gives a 25-30mm lift over the originals and this has given me a slightly more upright position but I'm now looking at the top yoke conversion kits you can buy from various places. They seem to be around the £300 mark. My question is are the homemade/diy yoke conversions safe. I've seen alot of streetfighters where the original yoke has been drilled and bar risers attached. This method would be more cost effective but only if its safe. Has anyone made this/used these or have any experience they can share with me.

I would say it depends on the original yoke and whats underneath to drill through.

I had risers welded on to my GSXR11 top yoke as there wasn't enough "meat" to bolt through,

That said a Bandit 12 top yoke is drilled with bolted rubber mounted risers as standard, although obviously they were designed that way.

You'd be better off having a top yoke made that will definitely be thick enough, WazRS257 of there very parish has just made me one to GSXR750k4 dimensions - http://pbmagforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/47835-bandit-4-mini-fighter/ - about half way down

Give him a shout

Cheers chap, its proper sturdy, i think it's 1&3/4" Thick

Give Waz a shout mate, i'm sure it would be less than £300 though

"Ohhhhh Warren...........""

Archived