Protecting My Bikes Electrics From Shit Weather.

Bat Fastard

Anyone here use or know of something decent that I can use to protect the electrical connectors on my bikes loom? Ive tried stuff like GT85 in the past. Also have some ACF 50 to try.

Just want to know if there is anything else thats better?

:icon_salut:

Di-electric grease. Simply pack all your connector blocks and then snap them back together. I used to do this to all my bikes, but haven't quite got around to doin it on anything that I've owned for at least 4 years. Time to start again, I saw the tube the other day in the garage.....somewhere

Bathroom silicone...Worked on mine,but sticky work.

If you are talking about the stuff used to seal around the bath beware, the solvent is acetic acid, you will seal the water out but the acid will be quietly corroding the electrics underneath.

Why the manufacturers think it's acceptable to use none weatherproof connectors is beyond me.

I've recently had problems with corrosion on the indicator connector and a big multi connector that includes the clutch switch wire.

I used electrical contact cleaner and a small file to clean up the pins, then used a bit of silicon grease, but I'm going to order some decent sealed connectors from rs and do the job properly.

Yeah, been there in the past cleaning the pins in the connectors and then spraying with GT85 type stuff. Thing is, as the pins start to rot, they stop connecting properly.

My bike has recently given up on the loom side of things. Three winters or road salt etc appears to have destroyed some of it. :iconthumbsdownkq8: Despite me trying to keep on top of it, Grrrrrrrrr!

Mechanics wise, the bike is still sweet however. :eusa_think:

Oh well, the joys of road salt etc :icon_pale: .

ACF 50, I have used this for years, only problem I ever had was the one connector I missed.

Im gonna try ACF 50 This time around.

Anyone try the ACF 50 Block connector grease?

Archived