Side Mount Damper - Srad Related

MarkB

Hi All,

Fitted an ohlins side mount damper a while ago which, for me works better than the `916` style mount. Anyway, the issue is that at full right hand lock it catches the tacho/speedo, so as a temporary measure i moved the clocks slightly and secured with zip ties to get round the problem. This was ok but the clocks also now rub on the screen which is not ideal so was looking for a neater, permanent solution. Haven`t found anything on the net but would imagine someone else with an srad must have had same problem ? Maybe a new mounting bracket for clocks or modifying existing one ?

Any ideas/solutions welome - Cheers

Thanks for replies -

The damper is Ohlins SD1005 - 150mm which is correct length. Any shorter and the damper reaches the end of its stroke before the bars reach full lock which is not good.

Have still got headlight but it clears the casing so isn`t an issue

Currently in me shed making some small brackets to re position the clocks

I take your point about what it would hit if it cleared the clocks but if it is set at this angle the damper reaches the end of its stroke before full lock.

When i fitted the damper at the correct angle, after much playing around, i hadn`t got the clocks or headlight fitted so it was set up so it didn`t reach end of stroke before full lock. Then i fitted the front fairing and it caught the clocks and just touched the headlight casing as it moved so out with the dremel to shave off a bit of the headlight case. It would be easier if it was a race/track bike as there`s less clutter inside the front fairing. Anyway,now making progress with a couple of brackets to re position clocks about 10mm.

Thanks

Archived