Brembo Calipers

riversbikes

Looking to upgrade the radial calipers on my bike (zx6r, 2005). Looking at the brembo options.

Found these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110989936796?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wondering if these were the same as the OEM spec calipers that are used on late-model gsxrs, or something better. The seller has confirmed they will fit my bike (108mm spacing), but if they are the same/no better than the gixxer stuff, I can get a used set for half of the price they are asking.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

james

I fitted Nissin calipers on mine, off the later ZX6R P7F, they are brilliant.

I wouldn't expect oem Brembo to be as good as the retail stuff, it'll be built to a budget for the factory bikes.

Changing the caliper might not be the answer, you need to look at the system as a whole. I expect it has braided lines but what about the pads and fluid ?

Carbon Lorraine race pads (sponsorship), bel-ray dot4 fluid, speigler lines, OEM radial master cylinder. From what I hear nissin calipers from later zx14s are well respected.

I fitted Nissin calipers on mine, off the later ZX6R P7F, they are brilliant.

I wouldn't expect oem Brembo to be as good as the retail stuff, it'll be built to a budget for the factory bikes.

This......

Replaced the calipers on my 2006 ZX-6R with Nissin off a later model (same calipers fitted to the ZZR1400 as well) and they are night and day compared to the standard Tokico.

Changing the caliper might not be the answer, you need to look at the system as a whole. I expect it has braided lines but what about the pads and fluid ?

The standard Tokico calipers are prone to sticking quite a bit, constant cleaning helps but it is required regularly. I went down the hoses/pads/fluid route before changing calipers.

For a lot less than those Brembos a pair of Nissin calipers from a later ZX-6R/ZZR1400 will bolt straight on and work much better.

The ZX-6R also has a Nissin radial master cylinder as standard which seems to work better with the Nissin calipers than the Tokico calipers.

Looking to upgrade the radial calipers on my bike (zx6r, 2005). Looking at the brembo options.

Found these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110989936796?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wondering if these were the same as the OEM spec calipers that are used on late-model gsxrs, or something better. The seller has confirmed they will fit my bike (108mm spacing), but if they are the same/no better than the gixxer stuff, I can get a used set for half of the price they are asking.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

james

My experience of brakes on road & track is that Brembo radials & discs & pads are tops. The only negative is getting spares for them can be a pain.

I have never ridden any other bike fitted with other brands which has bettered them. Even the old Goldline non radial range take some beating.

Them calipers he is selling seem really cheap to me.

Thanks for the advice fellas == ebay has a number of later model zx6r calipers for a good deal. I think I will go that route, and fit some brembo pads as well. It is for a supertwin racebike, not a road machine, btw...

Archived