Help With 12V Electrics Needed

Gusset

624992215_o.jpg

Sorry this is NBR, but I'm really struggling with limited electrical knowledge.

I'm trying to fit a GSM tracker to an excavator, which is standard 12v negative earth like a car or bike.

Everything works perfectly and I can control the unit with my iPhone EXCEPT the 'shutdown' command. This (I assume; the instructions are rubbish Chinglish) breaks the +ve connection to the oil pump via a relay, as shown in the upper right of the wiring diagram, and thus remotely disables the machine.

I've got the two outputs from the relay (red/yellow) spliced in series to the +ve starter motor wire. I assumed using the starter motor would work since it is electric like an oil pump, but no cigar. You can still start the machine in 'shutdown' mode and the relay doesn't click.

Am I being exceptionally thick, is the unit faulty or have I done something drastically wrong?

Ta.

You have cut the starter wire I take it?

So it comes from ignition and into the relay via red wire then the yellow wire goes to the starter solenoid.

You did put it in the ignition positive and not the starter motor positive didnt you? because if not you may have cooked the relay! One way to find out is remove the relay and try and start it.

You could, as per the diagram, ask Ant, he might know.

I can't add to anything Greg's not already said, but I'm intrigued by the device, where was it from, how much etc?

Archived