Stick Coil Question-For A Single

ssray

Morning,

My an400x burgerman has a not very nice yellow spark, I have checked the usual and also its a poor starter the new plug while cold , no start plug was wet, the carb comes off next week

I was thing if i can get a single correct ohm plug coil is there any reason why it will not work?

I haven`t checked on the ohm`s of mine yet

Cheers

Ray

So long as the coil is the same as the one your replacing it with (resistance wise) then it will work, after all the coil doesn't know if its a stick or not, they work in exactly the same way just don't have a lead to go wrong, it's something I've been planning for my vfr750

Ill throw a guess out, I'm going to say no, the reason being the amount of current thrown by a coil is likely to not be happy with a resister, there must be something out there with the right resistance, think the guy you may need to ask is millemille

The resister would go on the posi side before the coil

also looking at maplin, if i could not get one 2 ohm resistor i could solder two 4 ohm in parallel or two 1 ohm in series

Ta Ray

Just a heads up on Ducati stick coils. If it's dirty or has any corrosion, it's off the front pot, and probably knackered.

supposed to be brand new and even unused

Bargain. I paid £120 from Ducati.....

Archived