Kawasaki Top Triple Clamps

riversbikes

Building a USD front end on an er6 supertwin. Have 05-06 front forks, but need a top triple clamp/yoke. Do I have to go with the zx6r/636, or is there a model year of a zx10r that will work?

Thanks in advance!

I'm in the midst of this at the moment. Check on wemoto for specific models, but about 99% of kwaks seem to have the same stem and headstock diameter, hence getting bearings to mate the two up isn't an issue at all. The length of the stem is a slight fly in the ointment, I'm using a ZX6R front end from an 07/08 bike on a later version er6 (09-11 type) and the stem is just a bit too short. I'm having/had the stem machined a little bit so it can get pressed further up into the yoke, gaining me back the distance needed. The only other thing is that the lock stops on the ZX6R yoke are on the back of the yoke, the ER6 needs lumps sticking up on the front

In a funny little twist, i've actually got a set of 09-10 yokes here which've had the stem modified to fit an ER6 too, got lockstops etc, they're all ready to go straight on, except I then found that my forks were off a slightly earlier model. If you want to make me an offer, set of yokes for 52mm forks, the top yoke is literally brand spanking new, trial fitted for about 2 minutes, then I started cursing buying forks cheaply via unprotected sneak PMs on ebay and having no buyer protection!

Edited to add: I have no idea about spacers yet, not got to that bit, I'll let you know!

Archived