Repairing A Top Yoke?

misfit

A long time ago my RGV250N was taken by a dirty thieving gent, I eventually got it back in a bit of a state. Now that I have time and a bit of cash to spend on it, (no, not the $266,500 :) ) I'm wanting to get cracking and get it back together.

At the time it was knicked, the Police decided it would be a good idea to break the steering lock and subsequently snapped the bracketry on the yoke. Can it be fixed or do I bite the bullet and try find a reasonably priced non-buggered one, or does anyone have a reasonably priced spare. Ta.

Ignore the rusty bit, its been sitting in the garage for the last 10 years.

023_zps1d1c3550.jpg

The easiest, cheapest and best route in my opinion would be to source a replacement. Ask on the RGV forum, im sure someone will have one for a reasonable price.

If you're doing this on any kind of budget, strip it and make a list. If you buy a lot of parts from one place youre in a better position to ask discount and you'll save on postage.

Most of this rebuild will be stripping ,cleaning, paint/powdercoat and nuts and bolts. I have the majority of the parts already it's just tatty. I've added up the cost of parts already and it made me shudder. But I think its worth it, the only thing is it will be a very slow rebuild.

Cheers

Archived