Ccm Hellllp! I'm Begging Now

harry-h1

Anyone in the Guildford area that's an electrical wizard? Need big help finding an electrical fault. No spark on my ccm rot ax engine, every shop I've asked don't wanna know, prop ably because they can't just plug in diagnostics

I take it you have no electrical knowledge?

You need to check each part of the ignition system seperately to find the fault.

There are many things it could be but have you started with the basics? clutch switch, side stand switch, Kill switch, tip over sensor (if fitted).

haha, you are in luck my young apprentice. it's a rotax one yes?

there's several components which it might be:

plug

cap

lead

coil

'black box' a metal thingy with a load of wires coming out of it

ignition coils inside the generator - there are the charging coils which have 3 wires coming out which go to the regrec - not those.

the ig coils run off the magnets which are inside the flywheel the small diameter bit which fits inside the coils.

the thing which looks like an ignition pickup is for starting / slow running only - you can remove it and it will still run it you can start it.

check all of the connectors.

start at the plug and go from there. if you are anywhere near essex you could bring it to the unit and we could swap bits over to diagnose it.

one way to see if its the slow running pickup is to try and start it on some rollers.

Things I've done:

New coil on

New cdi on

New plug on

New ht lead and cap on

New battery on

Cleaned all connections

Isolated kill switch

Checked resistance on stator but not quite sure if my multimeter was on the correct setting?

Can someone tell me what setting I should have the meter on when checking the stator and ignition barrel?

Things I've done:

New coil on

New cdi on

New plug on

New ht lead and cap on

New battery on

Cleaned all connections

Isolated kill switch

Checked resistance on stator but not quite sure if my multimeter was on the correct setting?

Can someone tell me what setting I should have the meter on when checking the stator and ignition barrel?

Ohms mate.

Id be checking ALL the earths on the bike.Engine earth,Ignition, and so on. If you have replaced all of the parts listed with new then id say the problem is a bad earth/broken wire.

Do a continuity test on the wires to find and poor connection/breaks

Archived